Sunday, March 2, 2025

February 2025

This year we repeated our trip to Logan for the weekend for James's birthday, and we decided to try something new by inviting the Simpson's to join us. We stayed at the Comfort Inn (water snake/water slide) hotel. The first thing we did after checking in was put on suits, head to the Simpson's room to let them know we were ready to swim, and head to the pool! The kids had a blast going down the slide and warming up in the hot tub. We ran into the Sloan's at the pool as well, but didn't see them again during our stay. We went to an incredibly busy Chick-fil-A and way over paid for our dinner! When in Rome? ;)


 

That night, Renee slept so miserably, and Evan ended up taking her for a drive around midnight until she finally fell asleep. Meanwhile, back at the hotel, I tried but did not sleep anymore while he was gone. Needless to say, we were a bit groggy Saturday morning! The kids were eager to swim again, so Evan took them, meeting the Simpson boys at the pool. Meanwhile, Kristen and I snuck over to Walmart to pick up a few things. As soon as we returned to the hotel, we had to hurry and pack up in time for check out. Next stop was Sam's Club where I whipped through the store to pick up a variety of things (including cupcakes for James's family bday party the next night because they didn't have any sheet cakes), which I was able to accomplish in time to join everyone for pizza and ice cream in the dining area. 




We followed lunch up with a super fun trip to the Altius Gymnastics bounce houses. Besides a few near meltdowns over not being allowed to get candy out of the quarter machines, the boys did great, and Renee enjoyed herself as well! We're never not glad we discovered that place. The kids slept for the entire drive home, which was wintry but manageable. We ended the birthday weekend the next evening with a little cupcake and ice cream for the family. How cool is it that James is 5?! He's so excited. 



5 Things I Love About my 5 Year Old:
1. He has the sweetest smile!
2. He loves the water any way he can get it.
3. He care deeply about people.
4. He has unparalleled energy and spunk!
5. He gives the all-time greatest hugs.

James's Birthday Interview
What is your favorite color? Gold, green, red, blue
What is your favorite toy? The hot wheels track and alligator gar (a hotwheels car)
What is your favorite fruit? grapefruit
What is your favorite tv show? Outdoor Boys 
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Mac n’ cheese
What is your favorite outfit? I don’t have anything that I like
What is your favorite game? Monopoly
What is your favorite snack? I’m not quite sure
What is your favorite animal? Elk, deer, moose, dinosaur, antelope, and buffalo… and bison!
What is your favorite song? Huntin’, Fishin’, Lovin’ Every Day and Essa No (Astronaut in the Ocean)
What is your favorite book? I’m not quite sure
Who is your best friend? Levi
What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the snow and when we go to lakes, play at the beach
What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Easter and My Birthday! …and Halloween
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My stuffies, my (football card) binder, a drink sometimes
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Oatmeal and cereal
What do you want for your birthday dinner? Mac n’ cheese, but I had Chick Fil’a and Sam’s club hot dogs and pizza instead and some frozen yogurt
What do you want to be when you grow up? Dentist
What are you most excited to do now that you’re older? Because I'm alive! I’m not quite sure because I haven’t been a 5 year old for very long.


Following the birthday weekend, Evan went back to insulating every evening and for a few hours on Saturday. Thomas had basketball practice and a game this week then we attended the Super Bowl party Allen and Kristen host each week. Thomas won the first quarter prize, the boys had a blast playing with their friends for the game, and the Eagles beat the Chiefs. It was a good time.



The February slog set in after this, and we performed the routine as we went through the weeks. Basketball kept progressing, we kept singing music, and Evan kept insulating. Before we knew it... March was knocking on the door.


















No comments :

Post a Comment