Here we go again! I'm writing this post near the end of September, and am going to try and use the following amazing photos of my kids and the notes in my planner to remember some details of the great year we are having. My big goal is to finish this year's posts before the end of the year and set an even bigger goal to stay current (like I used to) when the new year begins. Wish me luck! ;)
January started with one more day off from school, and then Thomas and Evan had school on Thursday and Friday. James, Renee, and I went to the high school to join the group for lunch on that first day back. On Friday, we went to the Simpson's right after school to join in celebrating Hayes's birthday. That evening, Hannah took my place and went with Evan to clean the temple. Saturday, BethAnn had the kids over for a sledding party with cousins.
On the 14th, Renee had a well-child appointment. She's continuing to grow and develop as expected, which is always nice to hear! Something different about the basketball rec league is that Thomas has practice on a separate night from game night, just like flag football. Evan takes care of practice, which is nice for me, and it's nice to have his help on game nights as well. Because Allen is in charge of the whole thing and we're on his team, we have the last game slot every week at 7:30. It's later than I would like, personally, but it is nice to have consistency. Thomas is fun to watch, but it's even more fun to watch Evan watch him. I would say he's upper-middle of the pack amongst his teammates. He'll learn and develop his skills more over time, but he's having fun and that is what matters to his mom at this point! Evan spent all of Friday and the majority of Saturday insulating, then we had the Simpson's over for dinner and to watch a football game on Sunday evening.
Music classes started back up again on the 20th, and let's just say "here we go again!" The boys are still rambunctious and not always thrilled about going to or weekly practicing the program, but at least we're still trying. I think its more the "why do I have to do work" mentality versus "I don't want to do this" based on how much raucous fun they have in class. I'm trying not to be so self-conscious in class about their squirrliness and remember that they're young and this program is supposed to be fun. The dogs got a bath/groom this week as well, and the basketball games were cancelled this week because the SVHS cheer or dance team was using the AES gym to make final preparations before going to their state competition. Evan insulated all day on Saturday, so we occupied ourselves with more sledding at grandma and grandpa's house.
The final week of this month spelled insulating every night from 5-9 and all morning Friday for Evan, so it must be that time of year - this being consistently one of the busier times of year for CHI. He was able to help with basketball practice before insulating on Wednesday and got off in time to join us at the ball game on Thursday. He got off by lunchtime on Friday, too, so we could make a trip to Logan to celebrate James's birthday! While I have plenty of time to miss him and wish he were never gone, I do appreciate that Evan makes time for our family, regardless of how busy work tends to get.


No comments :
Post a Comment