James went to a mini cousin sleepover with Layne and Jenna on the 7th (Thomas decided he didn't want to go this time). Justin and Tessa are on a baby moon in Mexico, and BethAnn has the kids this weekend. She said James stayed up super late, but woke up early all the same. He was at least pleasant, and reported having a marvelous time!
Renee turned 1 on the 11th, but we did the family celebration along with Ben's on the 9th at BethAnn's where we had wings. Evan and I gave her a little purple ballerina doll, and she was blissfully unaware of what was going on, as one-year-olds are wont to be! This celebration started out as much grander (and at our house), but thanks to scheduling and coordination with others, it became much more casual). I'm determined to redeem myself by throwing a better party for her 2nd birthday.
The next week (10th-15th) was busy with Evan insulating and participating in parent teacher conferences. He even insulated from 7-10 on the 2nd night of PTC! Dale was very helpful for us in taking the boys to wrestling that Wednesday. Renee passed off all her checks for her well-child appointment, and Evan got to spend the weekend with us, hurray! On Sunday, we had a family dinner at Dee's with all of the Calls on Sunday.
On the 17th, Renee and I went to Kristen's house and finally made some more tila bracelets out of the kit we bought several years ago! It was so fun to catch up with her and be creative. On Wednesday, as soon as Evan and the boys got home from wrestling, I headed back up to Kristen's for a night of Bunco. I didn't know as many people as I did the night I subbed at Jess's, but it was fun to meet new people and have fun playing and laughing.
On the 20th, Becky and I went to the high school musical, and had a grand time sneaking our contraband Maverick snacks throughout the performance and appreciating the hard work the SVHS kids. It was a late night, and I was pretty sleepy the next day, which was a teacher PD day for Evan. Saturday was our 12th anniversary, and we celebrated by taking the kids sledding in the morning and eating a ribeye dinner that night. The next day was stake conference, which we streamed from home.
The last week of the month was a gem with my mom and dad visiting for several days on their way home from watching Brandy's kids for the weekend (Mark and Brandy were in Deadwood for their annual coaches training). They arrived on Monday afternoon, and my dad stayed at the house resting while my mom and I went on a walk during the boys' music class. We had fun catching up and enjoying the nice weather.
On Tuesday, Renee stayed with my parents while I got a haircut. It was lovely to know she was in good hands while I got some time for myself. My dad was a great help while he was here; he helped Evan fix the wheel bearings on the camper in preparation for taking it down to Utah. On Wednesday, the dogs went to the groomer, my mom and I went on another walk during Renee's afternoon nap, and everyone went to the boys' wrestling tournament that evening.
Spring break started after school on Friday. We had the Simpson boys, Layne, and Jenna over to play on Saturday, and enjoyed all sorts of sun. The next day, it snowed again! Springtime in Wyoming!




No comments :
Post a Comment