Sunday, March 1, 2026

February 2026

Week 1: 

This week, we packed in a load of catch-up / get-going-again after the holidays tasks and activities. James had a well-child appointment on Monday morning, so Renee and I picked him up for that about an hour and a half after school started. He is short and skinny still, and didn’t need any shots this year - it sounds like he won’t for a while. Before we snagged him from class, we went grocery shopping and picked up donuts for his class treat, as he requested. He carried the box back into the building with him, and was nice about me telling him I wouldn’t come back up when they served them out in class that afternoon, since Renee would still be napping. I picked the boys up for music class that afternoon, and James was excited to tell me about celebrating his bday in class. Evan insulated that evening from 5-8.




On Tuesday, Thomas started basketball practice, which took place after school at the elementary. Allen is his coach again, which is highly convenient, and Evan is helping out with practices again as well. After practice, Evan insulated again from 4:30 until 9.

On Wednesday, Thomas had activity days at the church after school, and his first basketball game at 7:30. Evan insulated in Afton from 4:30-7, met us at AES for Thomas’s game, then went back to insulate for another hour after the game ended. 

On Thursday, Renee got to hang out with her grandma for a few hours while I went to a wellness appointment myself. She loved hanging out with BethAnn, and it was convenient not to have her in the appointment. Evan insulated again from 4:30-9:30 that night - we’re back in a season of insulation jobs again!







On Friday, Thomas got to go on the annual 2nd grade field trip to the Jackson Elk Refuge. He had fun on the sleighs and saw some decent elk, despite the more than mild winter refuting the need for a refuge at all. It sounds like he had the most fun on the bus hanging out with his friends. Evan insulated again that evening from 5:30-8:30 and again from 8:30am-2:30pm on Saturday.

On Sunday, I taught the lesson in Relief Society on Elder Jeffrey R Holland’s final conference talk (he passed just after the new year). It was a sweet experience. After church, we went to the  Simpson’s annual Super Bowl party. The Vosses and Owenes were all in attendance, so the OG crew. The kids had a ball playing, the ladies had fun catching up and catching glimpses of the game, and the guys enjoyed critiquing the game and other things. The Patriots lost to the Seahawks, and Evan won the 1st quarter prize. The boys are drooling over the treats it contains, hoping Evan won’t make them wait too long before he shares a few. 




Week 2:

Last week, I was supposed to take Reese to the vet to have her eye looked at, but I totally spaced it and had to reschedule for Monday. We waited upwards of 30 minutes before they took us back, and another 20 to be told it could be nothing, but put some ointment in her eyes to help make sure it doesn’t get worse. It was my bad for worrying about her eyes so much.. James ended up biting a hole in the ointment tube, and I tossed it a few weeks later, too. Sigh.. Needless to say, Renee got down for a nap pretty late, which really messes with things since we have music class on Mondays… Such is life.



On Tuesday, Renee and I went to Becky’s house to hang out for a few hours in the morning. I am currently doing a health challenge with 8 other ladies that has my diet directed toward healthy eating, hydration, and staying active. It’s really good for me, but boy, is it putting my usual eating choices into question! HAHA! I made Becky and me a fruit salad to snack on, and we colored while Renee ate a whole pack of gum out of the diaper bag (her tummy might be getting pretty full from all the gum she’s swallowed at this point in her life!). Thomas had bball practice after school. James is enjoying practicing with the team again this year as well.


On Wednesday, Renee and I left the house before the boys so I could drop her off at BethAnn’s and be in Thayne at the eye doctor by 7:15. After missing for a few years, I finally got my gluacoma checked again, and things are looking good. I stopped on the way home to pick up Renee, and ended up visiting with BethAnn for so long that Renee and I basically went straight from there to storytime. Storytime is at a weird time for napping because Renee loves it so much that we always end up staying for a bit too long. Thomas took pictures with his basketball team before the game tonight. It was nice for me, though that Evan took him (and James along) up early for that. Renee and I weren’t too far behind. Evan took the night off from insulating (his first off besides Sundays since Feb began). 





On Friday, the kids didn’t have school (Evan had PD), and BethAnn invited everyone over to bake and frost Valentine’s cookies. Layne and Jenna, who were in Alaska for their great grandma’s funeral, and Evie and Cassie, who were at Tiawna’s for the day, were the only grandkids not there. Everyone had a fun time with the cookies and playing, then the four oldest became wild explorers of the backyard and played many card games while I took Renee home for a nap. It was a fun day. Evan insulated each night this week (besides Wednesday) and from 8-4 on Saturday.





Week 3:

Monday brought music class and insulating. Tuesday, Renee and I got our passport photos taken, and I had a chiropractor appointment that afternoon. Evan insulated through the evening, and the boys had basketball practice. On Wednesday, Thomas and James had eye doctor appointments right after school, in the middle of a big snowstorm, of course! I decided to drive the truck, then we went back to Afton for Thomas’s basketball game. Evan took a break from insulating to come watch, then went back until 9. Thursday, he was at it again from 4:20-8. On Friday, Evan came with the kids and me to get the boys’ passport photos and turn in all of the applications. It turns out, both parents have to be present and sign the applications in front of the certified passport clerk at the post office. After we got that taken care of, Evan went to finish an insulation job from 10-5. 




On Saturday, Evan was at Justin’s, maintaining the CHI machines from 10-5 (with a 2-hour lunch break). He had the kids with him for most of the morning, during which time, some snow caves were dug, and Layne gave Renee a bloody nose when she bit his finger while trying to force him to give her a toy he had that she wanted. When he brought her home after that incident, he stayed until she was asleep before heading back to work. Meanwhile, we all ate, then I took the boys to the movie theater to watch a new cartoon basketball film called G.O.A.T. They had a lot of fun, and we ate way too much popcorn and soda! The fun day didn’t stop there because the boys also got to go watch the Braves game against Riverton that night. Justin and Tessa took their kids to all of the varsity games that evening, and the boys loved watching the game with Layne and their dad! On Sunday, I joined a ride with BethAnn and Tessa to a special meeting for the stake RS sisters at which the stake relief society president (Diana Heiner) and the stake president (Cameron Hulse) spoke. I don’t usually go to those kinds of meetings, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, learned quite a bit, felt the spirit, and was grateful I decided to tag along. 







Week 4: 

Not too much going on this week… sort of.

No music class this week because Kayleen is on a cruise.

Chiropractor again on Tuesday - Renee stayed with Megan Rose and LOVED it.

Thomas’s basketball team (as well as James and Beckham) all went to see GOAT again on Tuesday after practice. Allen and Evan paid for everyone to go, and they were all on top of the world. They’ve had a great season. They only lost one game so far, and BethAnn watched the score and said the score keeper accidentally swapped which team was which halfway through the game, meaning Thomas’s team actually won, though the score showed differently.











On Friday, the kids didn’t have school, but I had another chiropractor appointment. Thanks to some pretty painful back trauma that I have no idea how it happened… I’ve now gone so much without any long-lasting results that he won’t adjust me again without his massage therapist treating me directly before an adjustment. While this does seem nice, and I don’t mean to complain, it does basically triple the cost of a trip to the chiropractor. I feel bad about that, and I hope that my back will adjust well and stay adjusted soon! The kids stayed with Evan while I was gone for that… Not long after I got home from town, Dale dropped Rudy, Ben and Elise’s dog off at our house. Ben and Elise went to CA for the weekend, and Dale and BethAnn were leaving for their annual cruise before B’s & E’s return, which left us to watch the dog. He did really well with Eddie and Reese. He only peed twice in the house (that I know of), and he didn’t whine at all during the night (something he did all night at Dale and BethAnn’s). I will say that, as much as I don’t love having 2 dogs at once (it’s a lot), I was glad to be done having 3 dogs when Ben picked Rudy up on Monday evening. Don’t get me wrong - it’s good that we could help out - just a lot of dogs!





Also, this last week - backtracking to Wednesday evening - two of Thomas's basketball teammates were out sick, so James and Beckham got to be subs. I think James died and went to heaven! He truly enjoyed being a part of the team, and it was fun to see them play together. Unless they both make Varsity in high school or play on the same church ball team, I do believe I watched the only competitive/organized game I'll ever see my boys play in together. 





No comments :

Post a Comment