Monday, May 5, 2025

April 2025

While we were on Spring Break, we got the most delightful news that Kristen had her baby! They named him Allen James, and will call him A.J. He's a dang cutie, and looks an awful lot like Liam. I took them some dinner on Wednesday after we got back, and had a lovely time visiting with Kristen and snuggling a newborn. Lucky me! 
The weekend before Easter, we started the egg hunts! While Evan was insulating, I took the kids to the River of Life Church's egg hunt at the fairgrounds. With Thomas's help, Renee collected loads of eggs in the 2 (or 3?) and under hunt and even got a ticket to pick out a prize. I chose some cute peeps pajamas that won't fit her for 2 more years! HAHA! James went next and did well, but didn't collect nearly enough for his liking! Thomas was next to last in his age group, and was quite proud of himself for how many eggs he gathered. We quickly dumped the spoils out of the eggs and returned them to the boxes. The free lunch was well gone thanks to a great turnout, so after saying hello to the Draney's, we were on our way. Side note: We saw Faith (and kids), Becky (and kids), and Tiawna (and kids) as well. It was nice to get out of the chill, and I treated the boys to some BK drive-through on the way home since they didn't get any lunch at the fairgrounds. 


That same night (12th), BethAnn was kind enough to watch the kids for us so we could go on a date. Back when I subbed at Kristen's Bunco night, loads of the ladies there raved about Beep's pizza, and we decided to try it out. We ordered and then decided to go meet the newest Call while waiting for it to bake. Cassidy is so sweet, her siblings are elated, and her parents are working hard to overcome the overwhelm of the newborn stage and four kids' chaos! They're all doing great, and it was fun to see them. We enjoyed the pizza immensely, but both had trouble digesting it, which settles the question of whether or not we will ever return.


The week before Easter was busy and full of anticipation as our special Easter guests' arrival approached. That Monday, the Simpson boys joined us after school for a little playtime before music class. On the drive home, we played the Johnny Get Your Haircut song for them to show Liam our song with his name in it. They had fun playing! Evan insulated every day this week and 8-4 on Saturday, which was a drag with our guests missing out on seeing him, but work happens when it happens. 


On Thursday (17th), Jacob and Landie arrived in the afternoon. I wish I could remember what I did to entertain everyone on Friday, but I'm sure we just hung out and let the kids play. On Saturday, we took the kids to the town egg hunt at the fairgrounds, but I didn't have Renee participate this time. We took a picture with the Easter Bunny, and saw a few friends in passing. That afternoon, we dyed eggs with shaving cream, which I afterwards discovered ruins the eggs for eating. Whoops! That evening, Evan made us some adobo, and it was fun to show off some unique cuisine to our family. We did a hunt for the Resurrection eggs and talked about Christ's atonement and sacrifice for us using the goodies inside. The kids loved finding the eggs and fought over who got to open each egg.

On Sunday, we did Easter bunny (he's getting really good at hiding baskets!), and went to church. We ended up not joining Evan's family at all this year because he felt like we should focus on our guests, which I agreed with. We treated everyone to ribeyes for Easter dinner, which is a bit unconventional as far as traditional Easter dinners go, but extra delicious all the same! That evening, Jordan spiked a fever, which made for a rough night for our downstairs crew. I could tell Landie was incredibly stressed, so I called BethAnn for advice. They decided they would make their way home and monitor throughout. They made it home and he was on the mend shortly!

That same day, James went to play at the Rose's house before preschool, and he was beyond excited to do so! It's been fun to swap rides with the girls and get to know them (and Megan) better. Evan insulated that evening again, and we made do at home. That Tuesday (22nd), we met up with Julie and Cynthia after school. I think the last time we did this was Christmas, which made it all the more delightful! That night, Evan fell ill... so ill that he missed half a day of work the next day. Thomas fell ill with the same sickness on Wednesday night and was sick through the end of the week. Evan ended up going back to work for a full day on Thursday and Friday as well as insulating each night, though he didn't start feeling better until Friday. On Saturday, Renee and I both got sick (while the boys spent the day working at Mark's), and James followed on Sunday at 2 am! He ended up missing all of the next week of school, including Kindergarten Registration. The poor dear was beyond excited to finally start feeling better.

While James spent the week ill, everyone else kept on keeping on, as life demands you do. Our like a lion never felt too real in April after all of that ick passing through our home!
























No comments :

Post a Comment